To apply for one of our rentals, please do the following:
- Download Rental Application
- Print the application and completely fill it out.
- Sign the application and drop it off at 2245 38th Street East, Minneapolis, OR call the office for other arrangements
- BE SURE to include your application fee(s) and at least 2 pay stubs to verify income. We will not process your application without payment.
NOTE: An application fee of $40 per person is charged for tenant verification.
1. Application – A rental application must be filled out completely and accurately by each tenant over the age of 18. Each applicant must provide a photo ID at the time the application is turned in. At least 2 paystubs are required to process the application. Incomplete or inaccurate applications will not be processed. Inaccurate applications (if discovered after the tenant moves in) are grounds for termination of tenancy. We have the right to deny any application if the information cannot be verified.
2. Lease, paperwork, security deposit – After the application is approved and before the tenant moves in, the lease and any additional paperwork must be signed as well as the security deposit must be paid.
3. Background check – With the rental application we use a tenant screening service to check the following on the prospective tenants record:
Rental References – go to number 4 below
Household income – go to number 5 below
Criminal History – go to number 6 below
Credit History – go to number 7 below
Unlawful Detainers/Evictions – go to number 8 below
4. Rental References – The phone number for each landlord or property management company in the last two years must be provided. For first time renters or prior homeowners, this requirement can be varied. If we are unable to reach prior landlords or property management companies or a negative reference is received, the application may be rejected.
5. Household Income – We must be able to verify that the total income of the tenant(s) is 2.5 times the rent. For students not able to meet this requirement, we can accept cosigners that do meet the requirement.
6. Criminal History – We reserve the right to reject an application if a prospective tenant has any of the following on their criminal background check: any charge of felony, a charge in the past 10 years for anything greater than a misdemeanor and less than a felony, a charge in the past 2 years for a misdemeanor other than traffic or parking violations.
9. Pets – Some buildings do allow certain pets. An additional pet deposit is required. There may be a monthly charge per pet. The maximum number of pets is 2 and getting prior consent from management is required. The exception is an animal to accommodate the disabled.
10. Equal Opportunity – Innovative Properties, LLC, is an equal opportunity housing provider. We do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, marital status, religion, disability or sexual orientation.
A PROSPECTIVE TENANT WHO PROVIDES MATERIALLY FALSE INFORMATION ON THE APPLICATION, OR OMITS MATERIAL INFORMATION REQUESTED, IS LIABLE FOR DAMAGES, PLUS A CIVIL PENALTY OF UP TO $500, CIVIL COURT FILING COSTS AND REASONABLE ATTORNEY FEES.